Fort Collins, CO, April 30, 2017 –(PR.com)– The use of Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) tools for the sales process continues to increase. This is true for all kinds of products, large and small, expensive and cheap as well as common and exclusive. One way to gain and hold the attention of a CPQ User is to visualize the product while it is configured. This is powerful because it provides an emotional attachment for the user to their custom configured product. The available visualization aids run the gamut from simple 2D to very cool 3D images and all the way to state of the art immersive Virtual Reality (VR) technology or to mix real environments with virtual environments afforded by Augmented Reality (AR) technology. This offers new and interesting ways to present a product for current visual CPQ customers while it also challenges CPQ vendors to find innovative ways to stay ahead of their competition.
The important question that all CPQ vendors and their customers’ need answered is, “do these visual additions to CPQ indeed make a difference to the bottom line, and at what cost?”
Novus CPQ Consulting wanted to find an answer to this critical question so they surveyed ten Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) vendors and sixteen of their customers to discover:
– the role product visualization plays in CPQ Solutions, now and going forward
– the visualization technologies that are most promising for improving CPQ productivity and efficiency
– the expectation of CPQ vendors and customers from visual and virtual CPQ Solutions
– the Key Challenges for CPQ vendors and customers to adopt 3D CPQ Solutions
– the maintenance requirements for visual and virtual CPQ Solutions